An associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, Maryam is an art therapist and certified counsellor with over 11 years’ experience in the mental health field, providing therapy to children, teens, couples and families. Maryam started out as a medical doctor and psychiatrist in her native Iran, assessing and diagnosing mental health disorders in a diverse patient population.
Today, Maryam specializes in working with children, teens and families, using art and the creative process, conversation and exploration to help her clients identify then change negative patterns of behaviour and communication. Addressing issues such as anxiety, depression, adjustment disorders, relational issues, obsessive-compulsive disorder and autism spectrum disorder, Maryam helps her clients move from stuck and distressed to coping and resilient.
Maryam provides services in English and Persian/Farsi.
Maryam’s Credentials and Memberships
- Certified Canadian Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- M.A., Creative Arts Therapies, Concordia University
- Recipient of the Mitacs Research Training Award, Concordia University and Mitacs
- Recipient of the Faculty of Fine Arts and PERFORM Centre Student Award in Preventive Health Research, Concordia University
- Post-Graduate Program, Psychiatry, University of Tehran, Iran
- MD, Medical Doctor, University of Azad, Tehran, Iran
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society