A child’s anxiety can take over everything in the home, especially if accompanied by big emotions and extreme emotional reactions.
If left untreated, anxiety can have short- and long-term negative effects for both physical and mental health, including insomnia, disrupted routines, time and energy taken away from other children or work, school absence, reduced opportunities for learning, social and emotional development.
In short, your world, your child’s world becomes smaller, more restrictive and more isolated.
ANXIOUS PARENTS, ANXIOUS KIDS, will equip YOU to help your CHILD:
- feel safer and more secure so that good-byes and transitions are not such a struggle
- feel more confident to step into scary or unfamiliar situations
- settle into sleep more easily without your physical presence
- manage worries and negative thoughts in a healthier way
- build resilience to better move through difficult feelings and experiences
- cultivate courage so he or she can move towards discovery and exploration instead of staying stuck in fear and avoidance