An associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, Leila Sarhadi is a licensed Couple and Family Therapist and Certified Canadian Counsellor, with seven years’ experience providing therapy to individuals, couples and families in a variety of community, private practice and institutional settings. She has a rich background working with issues such as addiction and substance abuse, intimate partner violence, sexual abuse and emotional and psychological trauma.
Today, Leila specializes in couple therapy using Emotionally Focused Therapy, Gottman Method Couple Therapy and mindfulness techniques, to help couples communicate more deeply, re-establish trust and restore connection. Leila works with a variety of issues, including relationship distress and disconnection, grief, trauma and anxiety. She has a special interest in working with couples and individuals from diverse cultural and immigrant communities.
She provides services in English, French and Farsi.
Leila’s Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Licensed Couple and Family Therapist with the Quebec Order of Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists (OTSTCFQ)
- Canadian Certified Counsellor with the Canadian Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Psychotherapy license in process, Quebec Order of Psychologists
- Certificate in Emotionally Focused Therapy, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Certificate in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Complex Relational Trauma, Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
- M.A., Couple and Individual Therapy, School of Counselling, Psychotherapy and Spirituality, Saint Paul University
- B.A.Sc., Social Sciences (Intervention), Université de Montréal