Frédrique MacDougall, an associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, is a licensed social worker, licensed couple and family therapist and licensed psychotherapist with six years’ experience in the mental health field, in community, healthcare and institutional settings. She has a strong background in counselling and crisis intervention, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and relational concerns. She also has experience providing individual, couple and family therapy, on issues such as relationship conflict and distress, emotional disconnection, anxiety, depression and trauma.
Frédrique’s approach is rooted in attachment science, with a particular emphasis on emotion-focused and trauma-informed perspectives. She helps clients address a variety of concerns, from situational challenges to deeply rooted emotional issues. Frédrique feels passionately about supporting clients in creating healthier relationships with themselves and with those they love most, while acknowledging the pressures and strains that may come from the larger systems in which we live. Frédrique’s practice is grounded in compassion, collaboration and social justice. She provides services in English and French.
Frédrique’s Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Licensed Couple and Family Therapist with the Order of Social Workers and Couple and Family Therapists (OTSTCFQ)
- Licensed Social Worker with the Order of Social Workers and Couple and Family Therapists (OTSTCFQ)
- Licensed Psychotherapist with the Quebec Order of Psychologists (OPQ)
- M.Sc, Applied Couple and Family Therapy, McGill University
- MSW, Social Work, McGill University
- Certificate in Asset-Based Community Development Training, Blue Quills First-Nations College
- B.A., Bilingual, Double-Major, Political Science and Sociology, University of Alberta