Dominique Mailloux, an associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, is a licensed psychologist with a background in community and clinical psychology, research and program evaluation. She has worked with children, teens, families and couples from a variety of backgrounds, conducting psychological assessments and providing individual, couple and family therapy.
Today, Dominique has found her passion specialising in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples, helping couples communicate more deeply, re-establish trust and restore connection. Dominique is fascinated by the multiple ways that relationships shape our lives. Her work with clients focuses on healing intimate relationships, while her research aims at identifying broader social relationships that affect our daily lives. She believes that, as human beings, we are all worthy, intelligent, embodied and connected with one another.
Dominique has a special interest in trauma-informed approaches, while encouraging healing and growth from an integrated mind-heart-body perspective. She provides services in English and French and speaks functional Spanish.
Dominique’s Professional Credentials and Memberships
- License in psychology with the Quebec Order of Psychologists (OPQ)
- Researcher with the Interdisciplinary Research Centre on Child and Family Development (CEIDEF), University of Quebec in Trois-Rivières
- Graduate of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Trauma (Level 1), Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- Lecturer, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivères
- Ph.D., Psychology and Family Studies, University of Quebec in Trois-Rivières
- B.A., Psychology, University of Quebec in Trois-Rivières