An associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, Deniz Naji is a professional art therapist with extensive experience working with adults, teens and children from diverse backgrounds, in clinical, school and community settings. Issues she has worked on include intimate partner violence, self-harm, sexual abuse, and refugee, immigration and acculturation issues.
As a professional art therapist with a trauma-informed lens, Deniz incorporates counselling, somatic awareness, movement and play into her work, to enhance resiliency and promote healing. She is currently specializing in working with teens and kids, on issues such as family and peer relationships, low self-esteem, self-harm, LGBTQ+ issues and emotional dysregulation.
Deniz provides services in English and Farsi/Persian.
Deniz’s Professional Training and Credentials
- Professional member of the Quebec Art Therapy Association
- Naturopath, Academy of Naturopaths and Naturotherapists of Canada
- Graduate Diploma, Counselling, in process, Graduate Centre for Applied Psychology, Athabasca University
- Graduate Diploma, Art Therapy, Winnipeg Holistic Expressive Arts Therapy Institute
- B.A., Psychology, Concordia University