Chloe Martin, an associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, is a professional art therapist with a strong background in developmental, crisis intervention and solution-focused counselling. Chloe has worked with diverse adult, youth and child populations on issues such as immigration and displacement, relationship difficulties, parent-child relationships, early childhood developmental delays, emotional expression and general mental hygiene.
Today, Chloe specializes in working with teens and children, using a relational, attachment-based lens to explore a range of emotional challenges. Art therapy is a wonderful fit for children and teens as it allows them to express themselves beyond the limitations of words; it gives them the tools to communicate what otherwise might go unexpressed. It also provides a healthy outlet when emotions become overwhelming.
Chloe’s approach is client-centred and highly flexible. So with clients hesitant to make art, she explores their primary creative interests and uses their strengths to help them achieve their treatment goals.
Chloe provides services in English and French.
Chloe’s Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Professional Art Therapist with Quebec’s Art Therapy Association (AATQ)
- Certified Canadian Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- M.A., Creative Arts Therapies, Concordia University
- Certificate in Attachment-Informed Art Therapy, Canadian International Institute of Art Therapy (CiiAT)
- B.F.A., Community Art Education, with minor in Psychology, Concordia University