Özlem Köse, an associate with Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, is a Ph.D. in medical family therapy and a licensed couple and family therapist, with more than 10 years’ clinical experience providing therapy to individuals, couples and families. With a strong background in trauma-informed and evidence-based systemic therapy, Özlem works with individuals and couples on issues such as relationship conflict, separation and divorce, relational traumas (e.g., C-PTSD, emotional neglect, and abuse), infidelity, management of chronic illness as a couple, couples’ sexual desire discrepancy, and early childhood trauma. Özlem has extensive training and supervision in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), which is one of the only two scientifically validated couple therapy approaches.
Besides her clinical work with couples and adults, Özlem has a background in school counselling and enjoys working with teens on a variety of issues. She is also trained as a behavioural health specialist, helping individuals and couples improve their overall health and achieve their behavioural health goals such as weight loss, exercise and illness management. Özlem works in English and Turkish.
Özlem’s Professional Credentials and Memberships
- Licensed Couple and Family Therapist with the Quebec Order of Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists (OTSTCFQ)
- Specialized and Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples
- Ph.D., Medical Family Therapy, East Carolina University
- M.Sc., Couple and Family Therapy, Purdue University
- B.Sc., Psychological Counselling and Guidance, Hacettepe University