An intern at Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, Melanie Hill has completed the academic requirements for her Master’s Degree in Couple and Family Therapy. She has five years’ experience as a university residence director, during which she mentored residence assistants in developing leadership and interpersonal skills and helped students through academic, relational and mental health issues. Melanie also has vast experience as a volunteer counsellor and advisor with teens and young adults, and in student government and other leadership roles.
Melanie is excited to be working with couples and families, using Emotionally Focused Therapy, the most effective approach for healing relationship distress and for restoring connection between partners when it has been lost. She receives intensive clinical supervision from Isabel Melo, the director of the centre and a seasoned therapist with 20 years’ experience in couple and family therapy. An insightful, compassionate clinician, Melanie believes in the healing power of connection and in people’s innate capacity for growth and change.
Melanie’s Professional Training and Credentials
- Student member of the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (ACMFT)
- Student member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy, EFT Step by Step, Psychotherapy.net Academy, with Rebecca Jorgensen
- M.A., Couple and Family Therapy, in process, Briercrest College and Seminary
- B.A., Psychology, Briercrest College and Seminary