An intern at Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, Alissa Singerman is completing her final year of a Master’s Degree in Social Work. She has a strong academic background in psychology, including as a research assistant in an anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder study. Alissa also boasts extensive volunteer experience in the social and mental health field, including providing emotional support to adults and children struggling with mental illness in community, educational and hospital settings. Alissa completed two academic placements before landing at Couple and Family Therapy Montreal, intervening with clients of an addiction treatment centre and parents and children in a youth social service centre.
Alissa’s passion lies in working with couples and families, using Emotionally Focused Therapy, the most effective approach for healing relationship distress. She receives intensive clinical supervision from Isabel Melo, the director of the centre and a seasoned therapist with over 20 years’ experience in individual, couple and family therapy. A skilled and compassionate clinician, Alissa is adept at connecting with couples, helping them to repair hurts and restore their bond.
Alissa’s Professional Training and Credentials
- Student Member of the Clinical Social Work Association
- M.S.W., in process, Wurzweiler School of Social Work, Yeshiva University
- Advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- B.A., Specialization in Psychology, Concordia University
- Recipient of the Golden Key International Honour Society, for academic excellence, 2019